PHILADELPHIA — A well-balanced, overpowering attack led Germantown Academy to a dominant victory over rival Penn Charter on GA-PC Day. In total, six different Patriots found the back of the net during GA’s 8-0 win on Saturday.
Colleen Carrigan ’18 got the ball rolling for the team when she scored 12 minutes into the game.
Madeline Ota ’20, Sophie Worrell ’19 and Sammy Popper ’19 – the game MVP -also added goals to make the lead 4-0 at halftime.
“I was thrilled to see the scoring spread out so much among our team,” said Head Coach Jackie Connard ’06. “It was an all around team effort.
The second half played out similarly to the first, as the Patriots tallied another four goals.
Sophie Towne ’21 would net two scores, her third and fourth goals of the season. All four of Towne’s goals have come in the past three games after getting moved up to forward.
Emma Robinson ’18 scored nine minutes into the second half, and Carrigan would get her second goal of the game only two minutes before the final whistle.
Coming off of an emotional win against Episcopal Academy in the 2017 Pennsylvania Independent Schools Athletic Association Field Hockey Tournament semifinals, Connard was happy with the result.
“All around strong performance from the team,” Connard said. “We’re all looking forward to our last match of the season against Notre Dame in the PAISAA final on Wednesday at 2:30.”
- Colleen Carrigan at 12:22 (assist Sammy Popper)
- Maddi Ota at 18:59 (assist Sammy Popper)
- Sophie Worrell at 21:24 (assist Maddie Cooper)
- Sammy Popper at 27:06 (unassisted)
- Sophie Towne at 33:02 (assist Colleen Carrigan)
- Emma Robinson at 39:13 (assist Catherine McFadden) –
- Sophie Towne at 54:50 (unassisted)
- Colleen Carrigan at 58:52 (assist Maddi Ota)